Thursday, January 20, 2005

Old Gods


Mood: Shaving the dead
Music: Geisha - new album demos

http://www.prayforgeorgewbush.com/pages/236635/index.htm

On the subject of delusion, last night I took a new drug, called Kratom. It has a physical, opiate-like euphoria, rather like codeine. It also gives you the power of flight, but it doesn't work if you try to take off from the ground; you have to hurl yourself off the top of a building, and you have to have FAITH. As I can already fly, I sat in darkness listening to Aphex Twin's Collected Ambient Works Volume II. I'm sure it will be made illegal soon.

Today I listened to Shed Seven and cleaned the bathroom.


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Nick,
don't worry, this is not a reaction concerning your use of drugs or alcohol in any way, but i just didn't know another way to contact you>>
i'm a 26-year-old guy from amsterdam and i make electro-acoustic "pop" music. I really like to work with vocalists (i've already worked with the singer of WIllard Grant Conspiracy and This Beautiful Mess a.o.)
The thing is, i have this new track which i think would be really suitable for you to sing on. if you're interested, please mail me and i'll send you the track!
my address is clemm_mail@yahoo.co.uk and my website is www.clemm.nl.
Love your work,
greets,
Willem.

Anonymous said...

I'm intrigued by Kratom. But I wouldn't take it otherwise I think I would try to jump off a tall building

I'm from Oxford. I recently went on holiday to Canada. As I travelled from Victoria to Vancouver on the coach I had The Diver on loop on my ipod. Every time I finished it I just put it back to the start. It is by far THE most beautiful haunting song I have ever heard. It really matched the stunning scenery rushing past the window. I almost find the song too painful to listen to now.

So, just wanted to say hi. I was told by a friend you played The Spitz in London 6 months ago and it was the best gig he'd ever been to. I really hope to catch you live one day

Angela
ange.power@ntlworld.com

Nick Talbot said...

Thankyou!